District Expansion & Membership Development
Asking the experts
我們請到瑞典佛肯伯格•赫汀(Falkenberg Herting)扶輪社員兼國際扶輪社員發展協調人英瑪•安德森(Ingmar Andersson)來負責解答：We asked Ingmar Andersson (left), Rotary Club of Falkenberg-Herting, Sweden, and an RI Membership Coordinator:
問：為什麼您當地的扶輪社能成功留住社員? Q: Why have clubs in your area been successful at retaining members?
答：依照我本身的扶輪社與所屬地區(2400)的經驗以及社員發展研討會的報告，我要特別強調10點：A: Based on experience in my own club and district (2400) and reports from membership seminars, I would highlight 10 things:
1. 饒富趣味的例會節目；Offering interesting programs
2. 強勢但友善的領導風格；Providing strong but friendly leadership
3. 聯誼及幽默； Encouraging fellowship and humor
4. 社員對各個委員會的參與；Involving members in committees
5. 對缺席者的關心—需要時予以協助，生病時予以探視；Paying attention to absentees - offering help to members in need and visiting members who are ill
6. 安排其他的聚會，但排除一般的例會項目；Arranging additional get-togethers without the usual meeting agenda
7. 告知社員有關扶輪各個層級的動態，但量少為宜； Giving members information - in small doses - about Rotary at all levels
8. 鼓勵社員參加地區及更高層級的會議；• Encouraging members to attend meetings at the district level and beyond
9. 安排一場例會專門討論社務的發展，並邀請社員提出意見；• Focusing on the club at one meeting, inviting members to give their views
10. 邀請年輕朋友和其他非社員分享他們對扶輪的一切看法，並進行一場開誠布公的討論。Inviting young people and other nonmembers to share what they know about Rotary - if anything at all - and having a frank discussion
在本地區中，我們這兒就曾有4個扶輪社為新舊社員辦了一場扶輪「教學」活動。這是一場額外的夜間例會(當然也給予額外的出席積分!)，會中每個人都可以提問，而地區總監也受邀發表意見。每個人都認為這很值得，而且鄰近區域也成功籌辦類似的活動。Four clubs in our part of the district had a Rotary "school" for new and old members. It was an extra evening meeting (with extra attendance points!) at which everyone could ask questions and the district governor was invited to give his opinion. Everyone thought it was worthwhile, and the neighboring area organized something similar, with success.
本人曾在敝社中辦過幾次不記名調查，調查後再進行討論，這可協助社員更有參與感，還可能影響扶輪社的壽命與目標。In my own club I have conducted anonymous surveys, followed by a discussion. It helps members get involved and possibly influence the club's life and goals.